Our company's history is rich and legendary, serving the families of Dallas/Fort Worth for over 20 years. Our commitment to serving the highest quality food and warm, sincere, respectful service has never changed. A painting of "Mama" is displayed in the entrance of each restaurant. Ninfa was Michael Rodriguez's grandmother, pioneer of our "Culture of Respect." As part of a family of restaurateurs, she was known for her high standards and firmness, yet she was loving, respectful and humble. Her legendary experience lives on.
MI COCINA's and TACO DINER's mission is to be the restaurant of choice for our guests, team members, partners and owners. We do this through providing superior quality food and beverages, legendary guest service, sales growth, profitability and treating everyone with the utmost respect — like family. We believe that our team members are our most important resource and our success depends upon creating and retaining a staff capable of delivering an exceptional dining experience to every guest, every time.
Our Way of Doing Business
MI COCINA's and TACO DINER's success depends on our people. Our restaurant can only prosper and provide opportunities for employment and growth when we continually improve ourselves, and the work we do. We recognize, however, that success is not measured by sales, guest counts, and numbers alone. We are measured as much by the way in which we achieve our goals as we are by the actual achievements themselves. We believe that a commitment to our Culture of Respect should always guide our decisions and actions.
Culture of Respect
Respect Each Other / Respetar Unos a Otros
- We are family!
- Live the highest degree of integrity and ethics, recognizing that honesty and trust form the bond that holds our relationships and family together.
- Give more than you take, provide a great work environment and treat our team members and guests as we want to be treated. Live by "The Platinum Rule": Do unto others as they would have done unto them.
- Take full responsibility for your decisions and actions. Be accountable. Avoid blaming others when things don't turn out as planned and take pride in developing others, even if they are smarter, faster, and sharper, than you.
- Remember where you started. Respect, admire, and understand the importance of other positions. Be humble and pick up shifts for your team members whenever you can.
- Make all new team members feel welcome and part of the family.
- Accept, embrace, and welcome diversity. Share the beauty of the Mexican Culture with them, but don't insist and expect them to be just like you. Accept them for who they are.
Respect the Guest / Respeta el Huesped
- Provide professional, cordial, upscale service that creates memories for our guests. Do everything you can to create guests for life, introduce yourself and remember them by name.
- Always find a way to say yes, not only to satisfy and please our guests, but to exceed their expectations.
- Always welcome our guests as they enter our restaurant by saying, "Good morning/afternoon/evening, Welcome to Mi Cocina/Taco Diner" and invite them back by saying, "Thank you for dining with us, we hope to see you soon".
- Always use respectful and cordial words such as, "Yes mam, Yes sir, It is my pleasure, I would be happy to do that for you, Thank you, etc." To speak cordially is to speak as though everything is a genuine pleasure. Speaking and acting cordially spreads the feeling to everyone.
- When we make a mistake, sincerely apologize and do whatever it takes to make the guest happy.
- Our guests love Mi Cocina and Taco Diner…….all we have to do is love them back!
Respect the Food / Respeta la Comida
- Be proud of our fresh ingredients, never allow substandard product to enter your back door and prepare each prep and menu item by following the recipe. If you would not serve it to your Madre/Mother, don't serve it to our guests.
- Check the food every day at 10:30 am and 4:00 pm to insure perfect food to our guests.
- Respect the food by understanding the ingredients and spices in each plate. These spices are part of the Mexican heritage which is part of our company culture.
- Always cover, label & date food products before putting them in storage areas to insure freshness of all products we serve our guests.
- Always serve Cold Food "Cold" and Hot food "Hot".
Respect the Company / Respeta la Empresa
- Make every decision with the highest level of integrity. Do the right thing even when no one is watching, and embrace change.
- Take great pride in having good systems, standardized procedures, being organized and sharing best practices to enhance overall company operations.
- Think like an entrepreneur – have a sense of urgency, accountability, initiative and the critical thinking to move the business in the right direction. Sales growth and profits are everyone's responsibility; work continuously to build sales.
- Treat and protect facilities, company assets (building, equipment) like it is your own.
- Strive to make M Crowd the "Employer of Choice" in every community.